NOW HIRING : Work in France this spring! 1,170 Euros per month with housing. Start dates: March 31 or April 14, 2017!
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native English speakers & love working with children. Counselors live on camp, they create and lead activities, as well as English classes. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care. Weve been running English immersion camps in France for over 20 years!
American Village camps are for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. We hire North American, British, and French counselors for periods of 1 to 8 weeks between the months of February & October at a variety of camp locations across France! All of our 2017 dates are on our recruitment website.
Spring Positions for American Counselors start as early as March 10, 2017.
Apply to this unique work experience in rural France, working on a multi-cultural team and meeting people from all over France as well as Anglophone countries across the globe - all while having fun with the campers under your care.
- A salary for all days worked : 1170 Euros / month .
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counselors may request a 50 defrayal of train travel to their village.
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- Nacel will pay any work-related transportation costs if the counselor has to change work locations.
France is the number one tourist destination in the world. While our counselors live and work on-location at camp, they generally use their time before or after their employment to discover France - its traditions, cuisine, landscapes, language and people. Our teams can be quite multi-cultural and friendships are easily made in a camp setting. Working with children is a rewarding experience and also, a lot of fun!
We only seek Language Counselors who are native English speakers.
- Required experience : camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Clear criminal history
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
- Be a team player, be organized, and be able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
- Be capable of organizing activities : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
- Be excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers, etc.
- Know enough about USA History and Culture to brainstorm theme activities and skits.
- Be receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in the classroom!
To learn more about our camps, visit the American Village recruitment website.
Note: Please mention ESLemployment.com in your cover letter when applying.
Check Out These Other ESL Jobs